Aug 20, 2009

Hang Up

After 9 months of living here, we decided to get some window blinds. Yeah, we are that slow. Fortunately our place is pretty private so we were in no hurry. Unfortunately, the sun light shining through makes it hot.

We already put curtains up over the 2 biggest light sources in our house, so we decided to do the rest in the living room as well:


I ordered these bamboo blinds on clearance from Home Depot. I chose these for the neutral color, texture and casual feel. This house isn't fancy so these seemed to be the way to go.

I overmounted them outside the windows because it would be a lot easier to do, and we do intend on replacing the windows someday (so I didn't want to invest in window treatments that are somewhat temporary). I hung 2 blinds side by side because otherwise it would have to be custom ordered and that spells b-l-i-n-g.

These aren't the most private blinds, but it hasn't been an issue for us. And they block out a fair amount of sun. And makes our place look more cozy and a little more lived in.

Have you taken your sweet little time with a particular home project? Even if it's as simple as window blinds as my case?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think its been about 6 months now that there has been a gaping hole above our stove, we purchased a new range hood two weeks ago, we'll see when that gets put in.......

    ReplyDelete