- a. Play dumb and say "I don't know" because clearly they knew they had the answers
- b. Smile friendly and give a safe answer such as "Turn to your support network such as friends and family"
- c. Act hungover and give a controversial response like "Drink heavily until I black out while my live-in lesbian lover siphons my thinned out blood for a transfusion"
- option 'a' had the potential to become a huge time suck.
- option 'b' might mislead them to believe I am interested.
- option 'c' had the greatest risk - neighbors whom I haven't met could overhear (and you never want them to dislike you), these ladies might think I need their help the most and suck up even more time, they could become highly offended in which I would feel bad and probably end up giving them money or food. And a promise to attend a 'meeting' out of sheer guilt and obligation.
I never thought Jehovah's Witnesses would be knocking on doors in a Jewish neighborhood. A very Jewish neighborhood.
So here's something that I will preach to you all today: never say never.